07 March 2009

UN AñO ENTERO

Papá & I at my Homecoming. Photo Courtesy Les Broadhead. Thanks!

Today marks ONE WHOLE YEAR that I have been in HOME from my mission in the D.R.
(Yesterday was the anniversary of leaving the DR. But if we all remember correctly,
some Houston airport couldn't handle the snow and so I kicked it with the missionaries in Miami for a day and night. Then I got to come home the next day. Tomorrow marks the anniversary of seeing Ben again. Wow, what a year. . .)

To celebrate, I went to the MTC today to sit as an investigator for some
Spanish-speaking missionaries in training. I love how it brings back memories.
I'm also going to dig out my missionary agendas & my diario
to contact as many old Dominicans friends tonight as I can.

For blogging purposes, I want to give a shout-out to my companions:
Hna. Jensen, Branigun Scoffield Field, Emily Harvey,
Cammie Beckstead, Mariela Parra, Gaby Delgado, Rachel Taylor,
Sarie Carr, Naiomi Dee Sheppard,
KC Martin, Aura Diaz, y Lorena Rivas.

Les quiero mucho y les agradezco por su paciencia y amistad.
Ustedes son una gran parte mis memorias favoritas.

... y un testimonio, por qué no?
Sé que hay un Dios poderoso que tambien es nuestro Padre.
Nos ama como hijos y quiere que aprendemos cómo ser mejores--aún perfectos.
Sé que esto requiere dolor y errores a veces, pero que todo es parte de un plan divino.
Por eso nos ha dado su evangelio.
Vivimos en un tiempo de revelación. Hay un hombre elegido con la autoridad de dirigirnos en la tierra. Si tenemos fé, sabemos que al seguir al profeta, estamos siguiendo a Él.
Sé que Jesucristo vive. Murió por nosotros para darnos otro "chance" (say it like a Dominican). Claro! Así es más justo! Nos da misericordia.
Hay una iglesia organizada por Él. Es para nuestro progreso. Es para nuestro bienestar!
Claro que voy a hacer todo lo que la iglesia me requiere por que todo viene de mi Padre,
y sé que soy su hija.

Wish I could share this just as often as I did a year ago.

PA'LANTE!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Oh Olivia! Gracias por compartir tu testimonio. Hace dos anos que regrese de mi mision en 11 dias! Muchas cosas han pasado y asi es la vida. Me gusta que sea asi. Bueno, te quiero y te extrano.

Amie said...

What a year it's been too! Doesn't it seem like that was in another lifetime? Here's to another great fun-filled year!

Jenna said...

Has it really bean a year?! Wow.

WEDDING DAY PHOTOS BY MY COUSIN JORDAN JUAREZ