12 February 2010

VALENTNICE MARCHES ON



I haven't seen these friends for ages.
They are some of the nicest and most-down-to-earth peeps around.
I have NOT been an awesome friend to them.
A week ago, after months of silence, I called them up to see if I could play/see them somehow,
then I basically backed out on them completely. That's right, I left them high and dry.

What did they do in return? Talk bad behind my back?
Maybe.
But then they killed me with kindness:

On the eve of what I knew was going to be a hard day, I was in the studio alone.
(Well, LOTS of other classmates were there, but my best mate usually joins me,
and that night he just wasn't in the mood. I don't blame him, but I missed him).

I came home late, by myself, only to find a plate of the best sugar cookies -
in heart shapes and with pink glittery sprinkles.
Oh, and a just a valentine that Mere designed/letterpressed herself.
(See above, is that FOUR runs?)

Anyway, thanks Hendricks. Hope to see you soon.

(Oh, and PS - it was a hard day on Thursday, as I predicted.
The cookies multiplied in comforting ability on a teary day. THANK YOU.)

1 comment:

Richard said...

Kudos to your "best mate" Very thoughtful. I need a lesson from you, Ben (-:

WEDDING DAY PHOTOS BY MY COUSIN JORDAN JUAREZ