16 June 2009

VALLEY OF GOBLINS


A little weekend trip that was JUST RIGHT! We left Friday at 5, set up our tents in the darkish rainy WIND (a funner challenge than it sounds), slept in Southern Utah warmth, played around with the Goblins in the morning, hiked the slot canyons in the afternoon and stopped by "Cafe Diablo" in Torrey for rattlesnake cakes on the way home - pulling into Provo again at 10:30pm. Not bad at all. I heart the Bakers!
We LOVE Eli!

Super fun gigantic PLAYGROUND.



We found 'Bunk-Beds' in the rock!

Then hiking in Little Wild Horse Canyon of the San Rafael Swell:

Maya did GREAT!
Slot canyons are cooool.
We hiked until we hit a giant watering hole.

Thank you to Bakers for letting Maya & I meet the Goblins! One more "Utah Never-Seen" crossed off our list!

4 comments:

made sweet said...

I was supposed to be in the exact place at the same time!!! but i had to work friday, so my cousins went down without me. They were also hiking little wild horse canyon on saturday. You probably saw them, and I would've seen you had I been able to go!! darn!

but it looks like you guys had a great trip, I'm glad the weather was good!

Rebecca said...

Great photos! Such beauty! And the landscape was beautiful, too.

Amie said...

COOL!

Ann said...

I love goblin valley too. Looks like a blast!

WEDDING DAY PHOTOS BY MY COUSIN JORDAN JUAREZ