11 January 2010

CHRISTMAS BREAK + FELT FROM KOREA


EQUALS MONSTERS






It's been a long time since I tried my hand at anything with a needle and thread.
But on the first Sunday of Christmas break (perhaps the same Sunday mentioned below),
I sat down with my Korea bag of felt and declared, "who wants to help me make a monster?"
Ashton was the volunteer. He helped me cut, glue, make design decisions and even wanted to try the blanket stitch. We put a little rattle in Alice's monster, and a squeaker in MD's.

Thanks to Ashley for encouraging me that
I could follow through with this
when I hesitated in front of the felt stores at Dongdaemun.
(She convinced me and then I did the opposite of hesitating...)

*please forgive the poor lighting. i was wrapping them up that night
and thus could not wait for the morning sun!

13 comments:

No Big Dill said...

Oh man! I so wish I was there to play!!! They are absolutely wonderful. Great stitchery.

Amie said...

adorable. What a fun project!

Ann said...

MD loves her little squeaker! Oh, and I stole your friend's fish widget--it's oh so fun to feed them.

Erin said...

so cute. especially love the stitching on the bum.

Unknown said...

LOVE THEM!
Love the pesonalization.

mrs. farlanderz said...

olivia! (this is helene)
I LOVE THESE! I wish every single one of kings toys had as much character!
I am going to have to try!

Jessica said...

You did such a great job on those monsters. Very very cute!

Devin Ann said...

You little Martha! They turned out super cute...I mean scary:)

Julianne said...

OH! These are so perfect. I was hoping that I would get to see these! Now how do I get me some of those great felt colors... Nice work!

made sweet said...

i lovvve them!!

Jenna said...

love them!

olivia said...

Rock on for making a post that attracts comments from even those that usually remain "blog-quiet!" thanks mucho!

and HELENE! so glad you're blog isn't private anymore! (yes, i've tried to peek on you before) this will make up for not seeing little kingston while he was here.

the.kim.peterson said...

These are really popular in Taiwan :D

WEDDING DAY PHOTOS BY MY COUSIN JORDAN JUAREZ